Wednesday, March 27, 2013

We're moving...

Things I will really miss about my small apartment, as we pack up only a few weeks away from moving to our big old house:

1. I will no longer be able to remain safely within arms reach of my daughter taking a bath while sitting on the toilet

2. No more "beep test" style sprints up two flights of stairs to the bathroom when I miscalculate how long it'll take to get home , time to get a new fitness regiment I guess.

3. No more walking to the airport and neighbourhood folks burning a trail down the road in their snowmobiles

4. No more built in cold storage in our entryway and laundry area due to our leaky front door

5. It's the end of keeping close with our pets, especially tender moments such as when I am doing laundry with a cat taking a poo literally inches from my feet in real time. Sad.
6. It's the end of creeping slowly up the stairs after the baby goes to bed wincing every time the laminate creaks and cracks, trying to decide if flushing the toilet will wake her up. Our stealth will surely suffer. 

And so on. But, we must be strong. Life goes on and we will have to figure out a way to get by in our new place, maybe the little master en suite or the cedar sauna in the basement will help. Maybe. 


No comments: