Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thank you, CRA

So every year, I have a little arrangement with the CRA where I file my taxes honestly and early, and they reassess some earlier year and find small errors to penalize me.

This year is no different. I just got a re-assessment for 2010 where they decided that I in fact owe them $2.95. Which would be fine, except the bastards have gone ahead and charged me interest in arrears and my total bill is actually $54.75.

$55 on a $3 re-assessment. I guess it's good business. I know I should call about it but I am 9 months prego and I have decided to pay, release it to the Universe and then rain down holy hell next time they try this trick.

Good return on investment though, no?

I am releasing this to the Universe. I am a reed, bending in the wind...:-)

No comments: