Monday, November 21, 2011

My Aquafit Intructor is Adam Duritz (circa 1993)



Hey, whaddaya know? My new hobby is gestating!


So the bump is sticking around and we have the anatomy ultrasound on Thursday. Maybe I should drink coke and eat pop rocks to make sure the little one isn't sleeping so we get a clear view of the sex! Ah, mom fail. Pre-mom fail! Any guesses on whether I am currently a two-vagina-d super woman or temporarily transgendered?


I have several friends who are also due in late winter and spring (in Whitehorse I guess I am the only one with a hope of actual spring weather at delivery in April). My pal who is due in February lives in my neighbourhood so we have joined prenatal yoga together and we have started going to aquafit at the Canada Games Centre.


I LOVE aquafit! I have never been before in my life and it is somehow simultaneously boring and hilarious. My first class we had some disenfranchised teen who would demo a very sensual rumba beat with a totally dead face. From the neck down he was Antonio Banderas and from the neck up he was Dead Antonio Banderas.


My second class was a daytime (over early lunch) with about 30 elderly folks who also seem to consider this social hour. The instructor looked exactly like Adam Duritz from Counting crows, early times. He has the same facial hair, the short dreads, the colouring. He was WAY into his class and really mixed it up with a lot of exaggerated miming for the folks in the back. We listened to Oldies remixed with a techno beat (sample song: techno workin' on a mine, going down down down). I laughed and laughed until my calves started to cramp.


*************************


Today is my first day in actual maternity pants. I imagine whatever sadist invented panty hose was sent back underground until he came up with pants that look normal but feel like jogging pants. And they were right to make him.


*************************


So, boy or girl? No splitting the difference, the ultrasound is at about 20 weeks so a girl's junk should be internal by then, and a boy's junk clearly boyish. We are excited!


4 comments:

K said...

I hate guessing because there's no way to know but I'll say BOY. Is there a prize?

Yeah the whole super-woman vs transgendered thing crossed my mind a bunch while I was pregnant. It's a weird thing when you sit and think about all the different body parts you're housing.

Shelley said...

Exciting! Since K already guessed boy, I'll take the other side of the coin and guess girl. You look beautiful and it sounds like you are feeling great too!

Sylvia said...

Oh my goodness, you look fabulous, I love your baby bump!!
I am going to go with K and say it will be a boy, regarless of what it will be it will be adorable, how could it not with two cute parents!
Can't wait to hear, have tons of fun finding out today!

Anonymous said...

Wowzers, CONGRATULATIONS! :)