Friday, September 30, 2011

Ideas Plus Inaction

Last post I brought up someone doing something great. A few posts ago I mentioned my efforts to streamline my life a bit and take more responsibility for things. All nice things, but never without hiccups.

One of the things I decided I wanted to do was take in more live music. We get some young bands coming through outside the major festivals here and there, lots if plays and things (which I'm not interested in) and lots of people I've never heard of, maybe local folks. Anyway, I checked out the arts centre to see if anyone interesting was coming to town adn was excited to see Karkwa was going to be here. I mentioned it to Rob and decided it would be awesome to go.

Karkwa won the Polaris Music Prize last year for best Canadian album (best album, not best song, most sold, best advertised, most popular...just best album, period). I bought the tickets online.

So how was the concert? F*cked if I know, it was on Monday and I didn't think of it again until yesterday.

I totally, totally biffed that so hard. We just. didn't. go. Rob did homework on Monday night and I'm pretty sure I watched t.v.

Ugh ughuhguhgughgugghgghghhg! I was/am SO DISAPPOINTED. Yes, the money wasted sucks, but really I'm super sad we missed out on the show, something I really wanted to go do. Obviously it's an easy fix to remember to write it down, or order early enough to get the tickets mailed out next time, a physical reminder. But for now, it's a life lesson, good intentions aren't always the answer!

The next band I'm excited about will be here in March. Long winter until then, yo.

*facepalm*

1 comment:

Alan said...

hey, that sucks. But at least the awful feeling you've got right now for missing it will ensure that next time that you decide to do something you'll definitely do it.

And I'm 100% sure that you'll find something exciting to go to before March!