Sunday, April 06, 2008

I have to say, when every day is a battle to write a thesis, bogging becomes less appealing!

However, here are some highlights from my birthday several-days:

- Funk night with DJ Charless[sic] just like the old days in Guelph! Mmm, also I genuinely like the taste of tequila. Awesome.
- birthday breakfast of crepes, brie and pears (try it, it's unreal)
- a birthday song that made my laugh, lovingly performed on a banjolele (guess who)
- very thoughtful gifts from family (a cross stitch from mom and dad, wine and plants from C&M, both meant to be placeholders, but I'm happy now!)
- A loooong walk into Kitchener enjoying the weather and popping into all kinds of shops on the way to the latin grocery to get another gift: a tortilla press and masa (flour)! I'm excited! I got tips in the shop and we'll be back there. It felt like stepping of the street in Mexico. I forgot how wonderful the central american cultures are.
- wandered back to go to dinner with some fave buddies to a veggie place that has delicious food, coconut milkshakes (!!!) and excellent value, things that bring me birthday joy
- back to the house for dessert
- watched 2 episodes of CSI and hit the hay

A day full of walking and eating is pretty much how I wanted to do it, so that is lucky for me :-)

So, the birthday was fantastic, the stress relief of the day was much needed an I have leftover ice cream cake to see me through at least a few more days. I think things are looking pretty fine. 

You?

2 comments:

batman said...

Sounds like you had an awesome m-like birthday.

I had crepes for the first time in forever a couple of weeks ago. They were amazing. No brie though, just tons and tons of fruit and nutella and whipped cream. Mmmmm.

Anonymous said...

leftover ice cream cake sounds like an essential part of the thesis-completion plan!

Glad you had a happy day!