Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hallowe'en blizzard!

Well, it's hailing/snowing again...I guess it's going to be a good season here in the snowbelt.

I guess I'm overdue for an update, I always feel guilty knowing that Batman's writing all the time and then being all disappointed checking up on my neglected blog!

First things first: MEGA congratulations to Sylvia for finally receiving her permanent residency (I think that's what you got?) after so much stress and effort and time and work. Welcome home for reals, your card is going to look super cool (holograms!) and I'm so, so happy that you are free to do what you want to now. Like getting your tuition halved, yeehaw! Don't you think this deserves a celebratory kitten or puppy? ;-) ehhhh? hee hee.

Last night Rob and I went to a Hallowe'en party that was super good. There was a costume contest but we didn't win :-( We went as Sharon, Lois and Bram. I was Lois, Rob was Bram and we made sharon a person on a stick. Someone had a camera there and she promises that she posts the pictures, so I will try and show you once that's done.

To make good on an apartment picture (slow but steady with the reveal, as rooms are tidied and pics take ages to load..) I give ytou The Bathroom. On the right you can just see the edge of the glass wall oin the shower/tub (also pink!) , there is a window with greenery outside (!) and we can both easily fit in the bathroom. The toilet is on your left.

Features include: recessed lighting, pink fixtures, and extra deep sink, a window, no strange smells, no exposed pipes, and lots of storage. This may be the best laid out room in the apartment, though the bedroom may be a close second, we'll see. Possibly in the next installment.








Our apartment is too small to host my class for a pot luck (boo!) so I booked a courtyard in the school and held one there (yay!). It was fun, though now I know that they don't heat that place in the evening, so it's chilly, but:lesson learned. Rob made a beautiful pumpkin pie, the only cheat he used is a can of pumpkin in stead of boiling his own WHICH he wanted to do, but I talked him out of it. Look how pretty it is! I was extra impressed, especially with the pastry, who knew? Yum :)


Some of my classmates/new friends want to learn how to make bread, so I think I can have a few people over and we can do that topgether, which would be nice. Inb othe exciting food news, we have started incorporating milk back into our diet, like actually purchasing it. We looked at the handly price per 100 mL thing on the tags in the store, adn it's the same price to buy our favourite soymilk as it is to buy opranic cow's milk, so we did that. I've been drinking qway more of the cow's milk which is good and bad, so I'm going to ty and limit it a bit just to give my body a dairy break. It's funny how cow's milk now tastes kind of funny, but still good, you know?

In school news, I just finished marking my first ever midterm. It was okay, but strssful, nonetheless becasue alloting marks is tough! Some people are easy and leave it blank, or go the wrong way, but the people in the middle..who give a good definition but the example shows they don't get it, that's when things srat to get tricky. I htink a few people are going to want to talk to me about their grades, but I guess it comes with the territory, eh?

Next is a 3000 word article critique due tomorrow, and as happy with the time change as I am, I think I had still better get started... see you guys :-)

3 comments:

batman said...

oh m, i'm not upset or anything when you don't update. i know you're mega busy. i'm not. and that's why i need people like you to entertain me.

Captain Underpants said...

I will try and pull my weight better! I miss typing htis thing all the time. We're gonna upgrade our internet I think, so it'll make things a lot nicer for pictures. I hope!

Anonymous said...

nice bathroom - go natural light!

That's a really nice looking pie and I totally agree that using a can is the best way to go. Unless you're aiming to with the #1 prize at the country fair, of course.