Tuesday, December 20, 2011

23 weeks





Hello hello,
We took another bump picture! Here I am at about 23 weeks plus 3 days or so. Also featured are our Christmas antlers and the little tree rob got at sally anne a couple years ago. It's a nice little setup except our "special" cat Ludwig like to chew the branches. Not sure what his motivation is, since he ends up shaking his head and sneezing a bit when he does it. Special!




So, the bump is growing, which I take to mean that the baby is too. We had our monthly check-up and she was moving so much, the doc had a hard time pinning her down for a heartbeat! Good girl, protect your space! She kicked the doppler amplifier a couple times which was also very cool, since I couldn't feel those kicks yet.





I am feeling more and more but still not a lot. A few bumps a day usually, when I'm being good and quiet. Having an anterior placenta means she has to work harder to make herself known so she'll have to grow a bit more before I feel her all the time. For now it's lovely, and I'm really enjoying my reminders that she's active and healthy.





Another thing I'm growing is a beautiful pelt of peachfuzz on my belly. Not exactly something I hoped for, but there you have it. I am developing a respectable mohawk of longer, darker hairs on the centre line of my belly, from my belly button on down. Klassy, I know, but there you have it. I don't seem to be experiencing the silky head hair everyone raves about but I guess beggars can't be choosers and you take your nice hair where you get it.





I'm in a good stage of pregnancy where I can do most things I ever could but have a nice tidy little bump. I'm not sleeping too well these days but I think it's equipment failure and a humidifier and the correct pillow configuration will help. We'll see.





All in all things are going great! I still haven't been out cross country skiing yet, but hopefully this weekend is my chance. The aquafit is working out great and my yoga class has ended, so I want to fill the void and not get too sloppy.





The weather here has been so nice that we are all a little worried about January. This time last year it was -38, two days ago it was -2. We'll get it sooner or later!





Until then, I'll keep gestating and let you know how it's going!

2 comments:

Claire said...

You are looking so awesome!! Seriously super fit. Looking forward to more updates!!

Sylvia said...

I couldnt agree more Claire, M, you look fantastic, and so do the antlers! Merry Christmas Chica, keep the updates coming :)