Saturday, November 04, 2006

If you could please have your credit card ready...

Hey, knitters and such, there is a massive sale going on at Little Knits and if you click search and 'bag sale' there are wicked deals on certain wools/yarns in packs of 10 skeins. There's lots on sale, and it's fun to scroll around and see what's out there.

I ordered a few things including a couple of little patterns (this one and this one) which should be nice. I'm excited, I've never ordered yarn onine before, and it's rare for me to buy any wool/yarn new at all. Most recently, I found a stash of Icelandic Lopi (my favourite chunky wool) in browns and greys at the local thrift shop. It was a wicked score since the balls are ususally at least $7 each, which means it's too expensive to actually make anythig out of it. And also, less fun because cheap is fantastic. I'm still working on that other thrift yan swater, but I'll hopefully be n the home stretch soon. I'm not taking as much time to knit, but I'm definitely feeling the itch to get into it. 'Tis the season, of course.

**************************

So, the February Texas trip is in peril (for me anyways)! I was under the impression that I wasn't to have a TA assignment for the winter semester. Lo and behold, I get an e-mail telling me of my winter TA assignment. I talk to prof I'm to TA for, and missing a week is not an option, AND the schedule is such that the other TA can't cover for me. Now, I'm getting anxious. My letter of offer says that I was to TA either this winter orthis summer, and I htought it was this summer or NEXT winter. Oops, brain!

So now I'm waiting to see if another TA can be assigned, or if there's some way to get around this. I htink they have the right to tell me to stay home and take this other assignemnt and miss Texas. I'm terrified that it'll happen, and I'll have to bail, in just the specific way that assured the Texas prof that I wouldn't since I thought I wasn't to have an assignment this semester. Please cross your fingers that I won't be screwing people over this week :-(

*******************

Rob's heading into Toronto tomorrow for a test drive...more on that if it materializes. Actually, please cross your fingers onthat one too!

********************

Living room pics!
We are thinking we can now have a 3-seater across where the 2 seater is, then move the 2 seater to under the indows. Then we can have reandom chairs that we can pull out for extra guests, and we'll have a functioning living room! yay. Anyhoo, have a great weekend! byeeeeee

1 comment:

batman said...

i forgot all about r's haircut and was wondering who that guy in your living room was.... oops!

nice pics though. it's amazing how quickly you and r are able to make a room look so cozy.